Heroku is a cloud service provider and software development platform which facilitates fast and effective building, deploying and scaling of web applications. It offers you a ready-to-use environment that allows you to deploy your code fast.
Some of the notable benefits of Heroku include:
- Users can get started with the free tier of Heroku
- Let developers concentrate on coding and not server management
- Integrates with familiar developer workflows
- Enhance the productivity of cloud app development teams
- Helps your development, QA, and business stakeholders create a unified dashboard
- Support for Modern Open Source Languages
Create your free Redis Enterprise Cloud account by visiting this link
Follow this link to create a Redis Enterprise Cloud subscription and database as shown below:
The database endpoint URL is unique for all and hence might be different in your case. Save it for future reference.
If you are using Heroku for the first time, create your new Heroku account through this link
For this demonstration, we will be using a Sample Rate Limiting application.
Go to Heroku dashboard, click "Settings" and set REDIS_ENDPOINT_URI and REDIS_PASSWORD under the Config Vars. Refer to Step 1 for the correct values to use.
You now have a functioning Git repository that contains a simple application as well as a package.json file, which is used by Node’s dependency manager.
Heroku generates a random name (in this case hidden-woodland-03996) for your app, or you can pass a parameter to specify your own app name. Now deploy your code:
Open https://hidden-woodland-03996.herokuapp.com/ to see your application