Helm is a package manager for Kubernetes. It is the best way to find, share, and use software built for Kubernetes. It is the K8s equivalent of yum or apt. Helm helps you manage Kubernetes applications — Helm Charts help you define, install, and upgrade even the most complex Kubernetes application. Helm is a graduated project in the CNCF and is maintained by the Helm community.
- Improves developer productivity
- Makes application deployment easy, standarized and reusable
- Enhances operational readiness
- Reduces the complexity of deployments of microservices
- Speeds up the adaptation of cloud native applications
It is possible to install RedisInsight using Helm chart. A full-featured desktop GUI client, RedisInsight is an essential tool for Redis developers. It is a lightweight multi-platform management visualization tool that helps you design, develop, and optimize your application capabilities in a single easy-to-use environment. RedisInsight not just makes it easier to interact with your databases and manage your data, but also helps in managing Redis Cluster with ease.
Install Docker Desktop for Mac and enable Kubernetes as shown below:
- Explore Redis keys using RedisInsight browser tool
- Memory Analysis using RedisInsight
- Unified Search and Analytics using RediSearch Browser Tool
- Managing time-series data using RedisTimeSeries Browser Tool
- Analyze Your Redis commands using RedisInsight Profiler tool
- Debugging Redis using RedisInsight Slowlog Tool
- Using Redis Streams with RedisInsight