RedisGraph is the first queryable Property Graph database to use sparse matrices to represent the adjacency matrix in graphs and linear algebra to query the graph. Few of the notable features of RedisGraph includes:
- Based on the Property Graph Model
- Nodes (vertices) and Relationships (edges) that may have attributes
- Nodes that can be labeled
- Relationships have a relationship type
- Graphs represented as sparse adjacency matrices
- Cypher as query language
- Cypher queries translated into linear algebra expressions
RedisGraph is based on a unique approach and architecture that translates Cypher queries to matrix operations executed over a GraphBLAS engine. This new design allows use cases like social graph operation, fraud detection, and real-time recommendation to be executed 10x – 600x faster than any other graph database.
redisgraph-rb is a Ruby gem client for the RedisGraph module. It relies on redis-rb for Redis connection management and provides support for graph QUERY, EXPLAIN, and DELETE commands.
Follow the steps below to get started with RedisGraph with Ruby:
To ensure prerequisites are installed, run the following: bundle install
Copy the below sample code and save it in a file "test.rb"
- Building Movies database app using RedisGraph and NodeJS
- Learn more about RedisGraph in the Quickstart tutorial.
- Query, Visualize and Manipulate Graphs using RedisGraph Browser Tool