Redis Enterprise clusters are a set of nodes, typically two or more, providing database services. Clusters are inherently multi-tenant, and a single cluster can manage multiple databases accessed through individual endpoints. Redis Enterprise software provides REST API to retrieve information about cluster, database, nodes and metrics.
Redis Explorer plugin is the latest plugin in the Grafana Labs that adds support for Redis Enterprise software. It is a plugin for Grafana that connects to Redis Enterprise software clusters using REST API. It provides application pages to add Redis Data Sources for managed databases and dashboards to see cluster configuration.
Redis Explorer allows you to create the following dashboard over Grafana:
The Enterprise Clusters dashboard provides basic information about the cluster, license, and displays most important metrics.
The Cluster Overview dashboard provides the most important information and metrics for the selected cluster.
Cluster Nodes dashboard provides information and metrics for each node participating in the cluster.
The Cluster Databases dashboard provides information and metrics for each databases managed by cluster.
- Grafana 8.0+ is required for Redis Explorer 2.X.
- Grafana 7.1+ is required for Redis Explorer 1.X.
- Redis Enterprise Cluster
Follow these steps to setup Redis Enterprise cluster nodes.
Use the grafana-cli tool to install from the command line: Redis Application plugin and Redis Data Source will be auto-installed as dependencies.
You can even run Redis Explorer plugin using Docker:
https://IP:3000 to access grafana. The default username/password is admin/admin.
Once you add the datasource, you should be able to choose the right option:
- Redis Explorer plugin for Grafana
- Redis Plugins for Grafana Quickstart Guide
- Introducing the Redis Data Source Plug-in for Grafana
- How to Use the New Redis Data Source for Grafana Plug-in
- 3 Real-Life Apps Built with Redis Data Source for Grafana
- How to Manage Real-Time IoT Sensor Data in Redis
- Real-time observability with Redis and Grafana